CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Nabi nailpolish & home made nail graphics

Pin It now!


Nabi Nail polish #17 Sand



 I haven't reviewed the Nabi nail polishes I purchased many months ago, and I thought the timing was perfect. Let me introduce you to the Nabi nailpolish Color #17 Sand. Sand can be described as a pinky brown color. Let me tell you this color is pretty concentrated! You will need no more than 2 coats to reach full opacity and the formula is not streaky at all. What I would need to do much later is to give an update on how much this polish can take. In other words, if it can stand hot showers, doing dishes and so on without peeling. The bonus of this post is that at the same time I will update how my top coat and base coat performed. The top coat and base coat used in the picture you see is by Revlon Colorstay. I purchased it a few months ago when HEB (grocery store of Texas) had a 2$ off coupon for cosmetics including nail polishes. They usually run at 4.99 each (for the base coat & top coat). So, I got a good deal for the T& B coat. As for the Nabi nail polish? $1.00 !!

*Nail graphics*

For the nail graphics, there are 7 things you will need.
1. ziplock bag (generic type will do)
2. A dotting tool ( an old pen, tooth pick will do)
3. scotch tape
4. Flat surface (a shoe box and the lid will do)
5. glass bowl
6. acetone
7. toilet paper
8. old pair of tweezers

After you tape the ziplock bag to the lid. You get your dotting tool or old pen and with a nail polish star doing rows of circles. In between the drawing, the nail polish will thicken and that's the clue you need do clean the tip of the tool (to make it easier get a wad of toilet paper, place it in a  glass bowl, pour the acetone, so all you have to do is dip and wiggle the tip until its clean) and for you to start another coat of fresh polish for the dots. NOW, all polishes are not created equal. Some dots will peel easily and other will crack. To peel the graphics, you need a pair of tweezers. You will need to bend the zip-lock bag until you see that the graphic is separating from the zip-lock bag. With you tweezers, you will gently pull it up.  As you can see at the bottom. I say allow 24 hours for the dots to dry. When you peel off the dots, have a clear polish ready and do a quick one swipe on the nail so the dots can adhere. In the case with me, a few had little air bubbles. And yes, when you do put a top coat to seal the graphics, the dots will bleed a bit. Some more than others.




One more thing before I go, this was not my original idea. It was an idea that was shown by Youtube nailart maven



 


So here it is and share your thoughts on this.




0 comments: