CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Swatch Nyx Glam Shadow Stick, and small Ulta haul

Pin It now!

Nyx Glam Shadow Stick Display





I have been having a bad weekend. My hubby was kind enough to let me walk around Ulta and purchase a few items. As always, I am a huge fan of NYX cosmetics. I noticed (thanks to gossmakeup artist, from youtube) that NYX came out with 3? brand new products. Aqua Luxe gloss, lipstick and a shadow stick (not to be confused with Jumbo eye pencils). Sadly, they displayed the new lipstick in a corner not even close to the NYX display. I only saw about 3 lipsticks, and about 3? glosses. I highly recommend you check out wayne from gossmakeup since in his video he actually tries out a lipstick and a gloss (video provided below). I did check out the lipstick (sorry I did not post any of the glosses, and lippies) but I will say its a hybrid of a lipstick and gloss in one. It was super creamy yet metallic. The gloss looked like the Milani 3d glosses but with alot of glitter and mica. The kind of lipstick/gloss you want to wear at a photo shoot. As for the shadow stick which are priced at 4.49

***EDIT 01-02-13// NEW GLAM STICK SWATCHES!!, CLICK BRAND:NYX ON RIGHT!!***

The Nyx Glam Shadow Stick have a lot of glitter and not as "heavy feel" as the Jumbo eye pencil. Its the perfect shadow stick for highlighting your brow or inner duct area. My favorite of the bunch is 24 karat, pink ruby and diamond. When I cleaned my back hand, 24  Karat had a bunch of little gold glitters. very very small. While pink ruby and diamond gave off a silverish white glitter. Perfect for the inner duct area. Personally, I was not too impressed with the other colors. Wicked Onyx and Glistening Emerald would be perfect for a smoky eye or used to give a shadow some pizazz (Ulta's eyeshadow Glamazon would be a perfect compliment for G. Emerald) I checked out the new matte eyeshadow as well and they were such a disappointment, not even swatch worthy. Almost all of them were too powdery and chalky. You are better off getting the matte shades from those palettes you can purchase at either bhcosmetics or coastal scents (my opinion). I only purchased 1 shadow because that shadow seemed as good as a mac shade. The name of the shadow (which I will swatch once the weather improves) is #10 Underneath It All. Below is a basic picture of the haul.

NYX glam sticks swatches





I am thrilled to try all items that I purchased and cannot wait to see if this base will replace my Urban Decay Primer Potion.  After the 3.50 off the 10$ purchase, I ended up paying 12.41 including tax for all items pictured above.

Well I better get to testing! Hope you guys are having a good day!



0 comments: